Sunday, December 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Little D!

Yesterday we celebrated Davey's 2nd Birthday. Usually when one of our kids has a birthday, I think, "Wow, I can't believe he/she is __ years old already!"

However, for all intents and purposes, Davey has been 2yrs. old for at least a year in my mind. So, his 2nd birthday has been a little anticlimactic in that sense. But we are all still pretty happy that we've had a reason to celebrate our little guy anyway :)

In the afternoon we built a big foam train together, and Mac took pictures for us:


Davey mostly just made a mess with all of the pieces and ate popcorn:

But he did enjoy the final product! (Before he smashed it to pieces)


Earlier in the day, Mac, Corrie and I made a cake for Davey while he took his nap. After we put the frosting on the cake, I discovered that Mac and Corrie had decided to decorate Davey's cake when I left the room. I wasn't really sure what to say about that. 

On the one hand, it was sweet how they tried to find things that they thought Davey would love. On other hand, it was really gross. I mean, do you have any idea where those toys have been?!


Davey has always loved singing, and he enjoyed singing with all of us before blowing out his candles


Mac and Corrie picked out a toy for Davey and helped me wrap it. Davey loved it.

He's been enjoying the pirate mountain toy that we gave him:

And this morning he has been watching dinosaur shows with Mac and Corrie and playing with the dinosaur toy that Grandma and Grandpa Belding sent. :)


Congrats on turning two, Davey! We love celebrating the gift that you are to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment