Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thanksgiving Tree

This year Corrie helped me make a Thanksgiving Tree to put in the corner in the kitchen. It was so fun working together. I never thought I would enjoy something like that, but it was fun sharing it with Corrie because she is so sweet to work with. (And she has quite the eye for decorating!)

We cut out several leaves from construction paper and put them in a bag. At dinner throughout the month of November, we would all pick a leaf out of the bag write something that we were thankful for.

The tree was especially great for when we had company over. It turned out to be a wonderful way to celebrate together and make the evening special. I loved having a tangible way to show our guests how thankful we were for them. I will do it again next year for that reason alone!


Below are a few leaves I wanted to remember as I was taking down the tree after Thanksgiving:
(The last one was completed by Davey. He took a leaf out of the bag, got a pen from the drawer in the kitchen, and went into the living room to make his leaf. I was so proud of him when he brought it back, but not as proud as he was of himself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment