Monday, April 22, 2013

Another Rug Bites the Dust...

"And another rug's gone
And another rug's gone
And another rug bites the dust..."

Yep, that's the song that's been playing in my head over and over again since yesterday afternoon. If you are at all familiar with our household, you can imagine what precipitated this chorus running through my thoughts. 

Sigh...another nap time surprise! This time from sweet Corrie girl. I will spare you any photos or grisly details (I guess that has gotten old, since these events have now become our norm), but I will say that this time we had a few more casualties than the rug. A bumbo chair, a Lightning McQueen Car chair, and my opportunity to sit down and drink the hot tea I just made also went out with the trash. 

The "fingers crossed" moment after days like this is always trash pick-up day. Will the garbage man accept the rug and two chairs that I crammed into our trash can this time? When I heard the garbage truck pull up today, I waited in the hallway out of sight from the windows because I could not bear to see the man's expression when he tried to get all of that poop-smeared stuff out of our jammed-to-the-brim can. I held my breath until the truck pulled away....

YES! The most beautiful sight: an empty trash can. What can I say? It's the little things these days.




No comments:

Post a Comment