Saturday, April 6, 2013

Vigor and Love

Those are the words that our friend Julia used to describe Mac last weekend when she and her husband came to visit. I was in the back room feeding Davey when they arrived, but I heard quite a commotion going on in our living room. I came out to see tons of toys and random objects strewn everywhere. I asked Julia, "so what happened in here?" 

She said that Mac came running in with a tin can full of little balls and exclaimed, "Look Guys!" and proceeded to dump the balls everywhere, watching them fly through the air with pure joy (and he apparently continued to do the same thing with every other container he could find, too).

I felt myself starting to sigh internally, but then Julia smiled and said something that I have kept treasured in my heart ever since:

"And he did it with such vigor and love!"

Vigor and love. Is there any better possible way to describe the essence of Mac? She totally nailed it. I love observing these qualities in everything he does, even something as simple as running around the house. He can't just go without excitedly winding up first like a cartoon character!



We are so blessed to have this little guy in our lives. So special and so very unique.

That's Mac!


On a side note, it looks like Davey is following right in step with Mac's exuberant ways!




No comments:

Post a Comment