Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sweet Days

For a little bit there, it looked like we would have to cancel our trip to see our friends in NC, but we ended up getting to go and we were so thankful that God granted us that blessing.

Corrie and her dinosaur "Steggy" jumping off of tree stumps at our favorite rest stop on the drive down:

I had a sweet date with a Fireman and a Construction Worker:


We saw God provide in many fun ways:


Mac wore a ponytail to the playground, although he is still confused as to why the "tail" he asked for ended up on his head instead of his bottom.

All four boys playing on the same structure

At one point we let the kids switch cars on the way to a park. I don't know who loved it more, the kids or the mommys. It was so fun enjoying those sweet little ones.

When we got to the park, the boys ran over and sat together on a wooden board. It was a pretty cute moment.

The most common scene of the trip: walking around the block pushing our various toys!

On the way home we hit terrible traffic on 95N (if you have traveled this road you know the sitting and waiting I speak of). Davey was hungry and crying, the kids were restless, and I knew we needed to find a place to take a break. I pulled off at the nearest exit and prayed, "God, show us where to stop, please." I had never been to this exit before and it looked pretty deserted. I just wanted a place that we could stop and eat and where I could feed David. I looked to my left and saw a truck stop. Not exactly what I had in mind, but at least we could park safely there. Then I saw something at the far end of the parking lot: a little picnic area nestled in some trees. Private yet safe, with a table and an open parking space right next to it. "Thank you, Lord!" He is so kind to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment