Thursday, May 2, 2013

Random Glimpses into our Typical Day

I mentioned earlier that our days somehow end up being pretty full. I don't know how that happens, but we also seem to have plenty of unscheduled "together" time. Ellis asked me the other morning before leaving for work, "So, what do you have planned for today?" I honestly didn't have an answer for that. "Hmmm, well, we may or may not change out of our PJ's...(I, of course, was included in that statement).

Beyond that, I've usually really got nothing beyond taking care of the house and kids on my agenda. It's actually kind of wonderful...I am realizing this season of "life-unscheduled" is indeed a very sweet and special season...one that will pass soon as the kids grow and have commitments and activities of their own.

Taking a walk in the rain:



Building towers:


Davey:


Random visitors and the ability to visit others. Love, love, LOVE this part of being unscheduled. 



Waiting for mommy to say it's time to start the day:

Breakfast (with a lollypop...that doesn't happen every morning)

Here is about as much coffee or tea as I ever actually drink in a day. As I was telling a friend, you get that one first hot sip, and then you are called away. Eventually you come back and reheat it for another sip. After the 3rd or 4th reheat, it's kind of lost its appeal.
 

Playing at the playground. Here are Mac and Corrie for the first time in this swing. Mac said, "We are in a pirate ship going to Neverland!" They love pretending together. And they love singing together. Couldn't resist getting a video of them here in their "Pirate ship" singing "Jake and the Neverland Pirates"

Enjoying each other:


I asked Mac to give Davey a kiss. He said, "Yes, Okay!" And then he licked him...Mac!

Corrie...today I came in from watering the flowers and she said, "Mommy, I can't stop DANCING!" (As she wiggled and moved her feet all around on the floor). Later, after naptime, she told me she dreamed that the Cat in the Hat went down into the ocean. We sat together in the chair and when I went to take a picture, she delighted in making sure her foot was in the frame!


Watching soccer games while having picnic dinners and playing at the playground:

Mac has instant friends wherever we go. Below is the "monster boy." Mac convinced him to pretend he was a monster and chase him around.

Our days are so simple right now. Wish I knew a hymn to quote that could express how my heart feels about this sweet season. I've been reminded that it can all change in an instant, and I want to thank Him all I can while He has us in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment